Dr Reddys Omeprazole 20mg 28 Capsules- ON SPECIAL: $34.99
If you suffer from indigestion, heartburn or reflux, you'll want long lasting effective relief. Dr. Reddy's offers one of the most effective and yet affordable solutions for you.
Dr. Reddy's Omeprazole gives lasting relief because it acts at the source of the problem to reduce excess stomach acid. Just one daily capsule provides ongoing relief from the pain and discomfort of reflux and heartburn.
What does Omeprazole offer me?
- A powerful and effective medicine available for short-term relief of gastric reflux-like symptoms
- Just one capsule a day offers 24-hour relief
- No need for a prescription - now available from your Pharmacy
- Affordable and effective medicine you can trust
- Great value for money
What can Omeprazole be used for?
Indigestion (sometimes called dyspepsia) is a general term describing an uncomfortable feeling in the stomach or upper abdominal area.
Sometimes the discomfort includes a burning pain (heartburn).
People with indigestion or heartburn may complain of one or more of the following symptoms:
- Eating may worsen or relieve symptoms.
- A burning feeling behind the breast bone and moving up towards the throat. These feelings usually occur about 30 minutes after eating or lying down.
- Discomfort or pain in the area between the ribs and belly button.
- Too much gas, feeling bloated (may be relieved by burping)
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Feeling full or needing less food than usual to make you feel full
- A'lump' in the throat from stomach material regurgitating and
- being re-swallowed
What causes indigestion and heartburn?
- Coffee or strong tea
- Spicy and fatty foods
- Foods such as cucumber, onion, chocolate
- Being overweight
- Rushed, or missed meals, and large meals
- Some medicines, including aspirin and other anti-inflammatories for pain
- and arthritis
Each Dr Reddy's Omeprazole capsule contains 20mg Omeprazole as enteric-coated granules.
How do I use Omeprazole?
- Take one capsule daily, in the morning, 30 minutes before food
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- Do not chew or crush capsules, swallow whole with water.
- Do not take for more than 14 days
- Consult a doctor or pharmacist if symptoms persist, recur or worsen or if new symptoms occur.
Consult a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are pregnant or are taking any other medicines.
When shouldn't I use Omeprazole?
Except following medical advice, do not use Dr. Reddy's Omeprazole if you
- Persistent regurgitation of food or vomiting
- Difficulty swallowing or symptoms of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Weight Loss
- Severe pain eg. Causes you to wake
- Blood in stools or vomit
- Failed treatment
- Sensation of food sticking in throat
- Symptoms have lasted for a long time, consistently for greater than 5 days
Omeprazole 20mg is a Pharmacy Only Medicine for the short-term relief of reflux-like symptoms, heartburn or regurgitation for people aged 18 years and over.
Medicines have benefits and some may have risks. Always read the label and use strictly as directed. If symptoms continue or side effects develop, see your doctor or pharmacist.
Dr. Reddy's Omeprazole capsules help most people with reflux disease, but they may have unwanted side effects in a few people.
All medicines can have side effects. Sometimes they are serious, most of the time they are not. You may need medical treatment if you get some of the following side effects:
• Diarrhea, wind (flatulence) or constipation
• Nausea and/or vomiting
• Stomach pain or discomfort
• Dry mouth
• Skin rash, itching
• Headache and/or dizziness
• Breast enlargement in men
• Unusual hair loss or thinning
These side effects are usually mild.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
• Muscle pain or weakness, joint pain
• 'Pins and needles' (tingling or numbness of the hands and feet)
• Changes in sleep patterns
• Changes in mood
• Hallucinations or confusion
• Bleeding or bruising more easily than normal, nose bleeds
• Frequent infections such as fever, severe chills, sore throat or mouth ulcers
Tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately or go to Accident and Emergency at the nearest hospital if you notice any of the following:
• Severe skin reaction which may include redness, blistering and peeling of the skin, accompanied with fever and chills, aching muscles
• Ulcers, blisters or bleeding of the lips, eyes, mouth, nose and genitals
• Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty swallowing or breathing.
These side effects are very rare.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you think you have any of these side effects or notice anything else that is making you feel unwell.